Monday, March 23, 2009

Nat'l Fndtn for Cancer Research for Cure-Chocolate!




When I saw this article from The Cancer Foundation about CHOCOLATE,( the photo is one of my own...my favorite Lindt Chocolate bars!!!), I knew I had to share it with all of you. Just one more reason why we can assuredly indulge in our beloved dark chocolate! Sometimes life throws us a curve ball (or two!), and we have to re-prioritize. That's the case with my life. So please don't forget to keep checking in to my blog. If you go over to the left hand side of the page, half way down in the sidebar, you will see the FOLLOW ME- please DO FOLLOW ME! I would love to hear your comments! I am busy behind the scenes frantically working to give you the best of the best as I am In Search of THE Best! I have several reviews in the works, and am working on my first giveaway. So, while you are yourself doing some searching, and today, if it's CHOCOLATE, I know you will love this article! ( so sit back, grab that favorite dark chocolate bar, just a few bites though, and preferably organic if you can, and indulge... it's for your health... of mind and body!)

"Chocolate dates back at least 4,000 years ago.  Chocolate is derived from the seed of the cocoa tree.  In fact, cocoa (from which chocolate is created) was referred to it as god's food in ancient Mayan text.  Through the years, chocolate has become a sweet indulgence for many.  And in moderation, dark chocolate may help reduce your risk of cancer.

Chocolate, a product of cocoa, contains potent levels of antioxidants, which can help prevent diseases and neutralize cell-damaging free radicals. In fact, the darker the chocolate, the better it is for you. Dark chocolate possess higher levels of antioxidants, fewer calories and less fat than its’ milk and white chocolate cousins. Plus, contrary to popular belief, chocolate is not super charged with caffeine. In fact, a small chocolate bar contains about the same amount of caffeine as a standard cup of coffee.
In addition, chocolate lovers report an instant gratifying sensation when eating chocolate. Studies show that endorphins are believed to be “feel good” neurotransmitters, which appear to be affected by dietary fat. So, eating chocolate may increase endorphins and lift your mood. Despite such positive findings, NFCR stresses that over consumption of chocolate is still considered unhealthily. Moderation is the key to enjoying chocolate and to reap the best benefits of chocolate."


2 comments:

Katja said...

I knew that there had to be a good reason why chocolate is so yummy :)

ProjectHope7 said...

Me too! that's why I blogged it in the midst of a busy week!
Sorry I haven't had a chance to get back to your email. I DO want to network with you and chat. I have a few Finnish friends and we occasionally chat. i so miss my leipa juusto, puula, finnish coffee, smoked salmon, puunavoria(spelling?),and to top it off a little pastry from Stockmanns cafe!!!! TTYS. cathy