Friday, May 2, 2008

Kitchen Product Review- Palm Peeler

As many of you who are avid fans of the kitchen know, a good cook never travels without her "tools".(forgive me guys, I mean "their" tools.) But, this time was an exception. As some of you know, I had to travel out of state to visit with my family who had just been in 3 accidents. And there just was no room in th suitcase for my kitchen tools. So, I begrudgingly removed them from my bag before scurrying off to the airport.
The first week in a kitchen not my own, I was not exactly a happy camper. So, one day when my granddaughter was out shopping she bought 2 new peelers to see if they would make us happier in the kitchen. I missed my trusty
OXO peeler that I have sworn by for years now. But, I have to tell you, I have found a new love... it is a palm peeler by CHEF'N! My granddaughter Sabrina bought one in Avocado color. From the first moment she brought it home, we have been wrestling for it, while busy at working preparing for a meal.
The peeler not only is one of the most comfortable I have ever used, but it is sharp and safe to use. The size and flexibility make it good for any size or gender hand. Though it seems for my hand, to be the most comfortable resting on my right middle finger, it is almost equally comfortable on the pointing finger as well. One of the other qualities that impressed me, was the slicing. It takes off the skin of whatever you're peeling, with only a minimal amount of skin, (stainless steel blade),thus leaving the flesh of the fruit or vegetable intact. This product definitely receives a thumbs up from my review! Thanks
Chef'n product developer for a great kitchen tool!
Please let me know when you have tried it out, what your comments are!

No comments: